The MU Connect Champion’s Award recognizes excellence in the efforts of faculty, staff, teaching assistants and students involved in using MU Connect and the Early Alert tools to meaningfully improve teaching and learning, as well as student success at Mizzou.
- Faculty members with a primary teaching appointment, including graduate instructors and teaching assistants.
- Academic Advisors, Student Service Coordinators, or academic support staff involved in supporting student success.
- Mizzou undergraduate students who demonstrate advocacy for student-faculty interactions and scholarly relationships.
Anyone affiliated with Mizzou is eligible to nominate individuals for this award. Self-nominations are also accepted. Nominations will be accepted through Sunday, May 31st, 2020 by filling out this nomination form. Nominations will be accepted for the following categories:
- Faculty, graduate instructors and teaching assistants (2 awards)
- Academic support staff (2 awards)
- Undergraduate students (5 awards)
- Contribute to the personal, professional, or academic development of a student or group of students above and beyond the expectations of their position.
- Help foster a student-focused atmosphere above and beyond the expectations of their position.
- Contribute to the retention of a student or students above and beyond the expectations of their position.
- Aid the development of student skills in the areas of knowledge, communication or critical thinking above and beyond the expectations of their position.
- Exemplify the student half of MU Connect, as demonstrated by their personal responses to their own flags or aiding other students in responding to flags.
- Communicate the importance of self-reflection and growth for success in college and beyond.