For Advisers & Staff
MU Connect allows advisers and staff to set hours of availability for students to schedule with ease, manage appointments, record meeting outcomes and search for student information.
- MU Connect Advisor & Staff Toolkit
- Quick Start Guide (PDF)
- Adding an Event or Group Session (PDF)
- Advanced Searching for Student Information (PDF)
- Attribute Guide Definitions (PDF)
- Attribute Guide - Specific Value Criteria (PDF)
- How to Filter by Attributes and Specific Values (PDF)
- Integrating MU Connect with Exchange - Windows (PDF)
- Integrating MU Connect with Exchange - Mac (PDF)
- Navigating and Locating Student Information (PDF)
- Note Recording: Best Practices (PDF)
- Searching for Students by Course (PDF)
- Preparing for Student Meetings- MU Connect 6 Point Check (PDF)
- Launch your Kiosk (PDF)
How to Setup Office Hours (Availability) on MU Connect
Early Alert is a communication tool that supports student success. It allows instructors to raise concerns, offer praise or refer students to campus support resources and shares instructors comments with students via email. Instructors can raise “flags” if there is a concern or send “kudos” to students who are performing well in coursework.
Recommendations for support services are communicated to the students and appropriate personnel are informed of the flags, kudos and/or referrals. Students receiving a flag are put in contact with appropriate support offices, instructors or advisers and are encouraged to use the MU Connect online appointment system to schedule meetings.
- Tracking Items Instructions and How to Guide (PDF)
- Early Alert Intervention Steps (PDF)
- FAQs: Commonly Asked Questions about Early Alert
- MU Connect Flag Guide (PDF)
- MU Connect Referral Guide (PDF)
- Referral - General Referral Template
- Referral - Considering Not Returning to MU Resources Referral
Progress Survey Information
The Progress Survey allows an instructor to send alerts at a specific point in time during the semester related to different aspects of academic performance. Each aspect identified as a concern will generate its own standardized email, sent on behalf of the instructor, directly to the student. The concern is also shared with the student’s academic adviser. Academic advisers may reach out to students based on the nature of the flag. While instructors are encouraged to provide useful feedback to students based on their academic performance, there are other methods that can be used in MU Connect to raise flags and kudos.
Spring 2018 Progress Survey Dates and Deadlines
4-Week Progress Surveys
February 6 – 4-Week Progress Survey Deployed
February 14 – 4-Week Progress Survey Due
8-Week Progress Surveys
March 6 – 8-Week Progress Survey Deployed
March 14 – 8-Week Progress Survey Due
Help Sessions are available through ET@MO on Thursdays from 1 - 3 p.m. in 130 Heinkel.